Design Principles / Final Compilation & Reflection
24.8.2021-26.11.2021 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Design Principles / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Compilation & Reflection
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Design Principles / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Compilation & Reflection
Exercises & Projects
Exercise 1: Contrast & Gestalt
Exercise 2: Emphasis/ Balance/ Repetition/ Movement
Exercise 3: Harmony/ Unity/ Symbol/ Word & Image
Project 1: Self-Portrait
Project 2: Sense of Place
Project 3: Visual Analysis
Exercise 1: Contrast & Gestalt
24.8.2021 - 17.9.2021 (Week 1 - Week 4)
Fig 1.1 Final Contrast - JPEG (15.9.2021)
Fig 1.2 Final Contrast - PDF (15.9.2021)
Fig 1.3 Final Gestalt - JPEG (15.9.2021)
Fig 1.4 Final Gestalt - PDF (15.9.2021)
Exercise 2: Emphasis/ Balance/ Repetition/ Movement
31.8.2021 - 17.9.2021 (Week 2 - Week 4)
Fig 2.1 Final Emphasis - JPEG (15.9.2021)
Fig 2.2 Final Emphasis - PDF (15.9.2021)
Fig 2.3 Final Repetition - JPEG (15.9.2021)
Fig 2.4 Final Repetition - PDF (15.9.2021)
Exercise 3 Harmony/ Unity/ Symbol/ Word & Image
31.8.2021 - 17.9.2021 (Week 4 - Week 6)
Fig 3.1 Final Harmony - JPEG (29.9.2021)
Fig 3.2 Final Harmony - PDF (29.9.2021)
Fig 3.3 Final Symbol- JPEG (28.9.2021)
Fig 3.4 Final Symbol - PDF (28.9.2021)
Project 1: Self-Portrait
21.9.2021 - 15.10.2021 (Week 6 - Week 8)
Fig 4.2 Final Self-Portrait - PDF (15.10.2021)
Project 2: Sense of Place
11.10.2021 - 31.10.2021 (Week 8 - Week 10)
Fig 5.2 Final Sense of Place - PDF (31.10.2021)
Fig 5.3 Final Animated Sense of Place without audio - GIF
Fig 5.4 Final Animated Sense of Place with audio - MP4
Final Project: Visual Analysis
29.10.2021 - 26.11.2021 (Week 10 - Week 14)
Fig 6.1 Final Visual Analysis Design - JPEG (27.11.2021)
Fig 6.2 Final Visual Analysis Design - PDF
REFLECTION
What have I learnt in this module?
I have learnt some fundamentals of design, which are the principles being taught throughout the weeks.
Before this semester, I only had very basic understanding about design
principles, and it was quite different from what I had learnt since it was
being taught in Chinese (I used to be in a Chinese independent high school). I
had also learnt the importance of compositions. I used to think that as long
as the artwork looks nice, everything else doesn't matter. Throughout the
weeks, I understood that art is meant to convey a message. Therefore, it is
important that how a piece is being composed, even the materials being used
should be considered to see whether it is suitable to express the message of
the artwork.
What did I enjoy the most?
I enjoyed spending hours to create my works. It has been a long time since I
am able to sit down and do something that I like continuously. Although the
process might be frustrating sometimes, especially when I couldn't achieve
what I expected, it feels great when I bring myself back to reality, just like
I had a long journey. I think this is what I like about drawing, and it is one
of the reasons that kept me passionate in art for years.
What did I not enjoy the most?
I think the whole process was quite fun. The only thing that I did not enjoy
is the classes were conducted online. I feel kind of sad about it, because
this is my first semester in university, and I had lots of expectations and
imaginations about university life. It will be much more joy if we are able
to meet each other.
What have I learnt about myself through this module?
I had learnt my weaknesses and strengths throughout the module. My current
biggest weakness is compositions, but I am trying to improve by looking at
good artworks to learn from them, and apply the things that I had learnt in my
composition. Although the improvement isn't quite significant, I believe
things will get better if I keep on practicing. No one can become a genius in
one night, right?
What has changed and what has not in my learning journey?
At the beginning of this semester, I was very anxious. Firstly is because I
have to adapt to the new environment which is completely different from high
school. I had never taken any pre-u courses before this, and I was afraid
that I would do poorly in this module. I also compared myself with others
too much which caused me to be emotionally unstable for weeks. What has
changed is my mentality, I became more calm, and I tried to focus on my work
instead of comparing myself with my classmates. I hope to keep this up as
the future will be more challenging that I must not let my emotions affect
me.
What has not changed is me working too slowly, which I really hope I could
improve in the future. I tend to take up more time than others to do the
same amount of work, and I know this is going to "threaten" myself even more
when I'm in the coming semesters. I definitely need to practice more during
semester break so that I will perform better in the following semester.
What could be improved in this module?
Overall was quite good, the exercises and projects did help me to improve. The
only thing that I hope to be improved is the time frame of the tasks if
possible, as sometimes it will be a little rush for me.
Comments
Post a Comment