Collaborative Design Practice / Task 4
31.10.2023 - 14.11.2023 (Week 10 - Week 12)
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Collaborative Design Practice / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Task 4
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Collaborative Design Practice / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Task 4
Jump Links
- INSTRUCTIONS
- RESEARCH
- PROCESS
- FEEDBACK
- NEXT COURSE OF ACTION
- SUBMISSION
- REFLECTION
INSTRUCTIONS
RESEARCH
Fig 1.1 Packaging Design - Ice cream
kindly click on the link to view the video on Pinterest :)
Based on what I have been taught in the past and what I have observed, the eye flow of a motion graphic is very important. Transition plays a very crucial role to create a smooth eye flow.
Fig 1.2 Baby Giant Design - design agency
While I was surfing through Pinterest, I came across this design agency. They create interesting animated logos, and I think I can take reference and inspirations for my projects.
PROCESS
WEEK 10
Fig 2.1 Task 3 Presentation Slides (31.10.2023)
On Week 2 Tuesday, we presented our designs to our classmates. The above is
the presentations slides we created.
Fig 2.2 Business School Innofest (2.11.2022)
Fig 2.3 Business School Innofest (2.11.2022)
Later on the same week was the Innofest. I did not visit the Innofest as I
do not have class on that day, so I wasn't on campus. My groupmates who have
gone to the Innofest took some picture of the booth of our client.
- The video and the 3D models are good.
- The presentation of the packaging can be improved, the reusable part is not fully covered in our slides.
- Our group is very consistent and organized, which can be seen through our slides.
- We take feedback really well.
- [TBS]: Everything are in their expectation and they are satisfied with the final outcome. However, they think that some design parts can be more playful and creative to attract people's attention. The video is really great. For the packaging, the final prototype exceeded their expectations and they received compliment during the Innofest.
- Get feedback from TBS.
- Make refinement of the designs based on feedback from TBS.
WEEK 11
Our client told us that everything is okay, but the overall design needs to
be more playful. We seek for advice from Mr Lilian as the feedback from our
client is quite vague and we have no clue on how we should refine our
designs.
Ms Lilian suggested that we utilize the secondary colors, especially the
yellow and the orange to bring out the playful feel.
Fig 3.1 Refinement - Scene 2 & 3 Transition (12.11.2023)
In the previous version, the transition between Scene 2 and 3 is just a simple
cross dissolve. I don't really like it, but I didn't know how to fix it. Ms
Lilian mentioned that the idea of using the graphic element as mask in the
website sign in page is nice. Then, I got the idea of using it as the
transition. I quite like how it turns out. It may not be very prominent, but
the transition has improved compared to the previous version.
Fig 3.2 Refinement - Scene 3 (12.11.2023)
As the elements around the cup might be overwhelming, causing the scene to
look less minimalistic, I moved them slightly outside the frame to create more
space.
Fig 3.3 Refinement - Scene 5 (12.11.2023)
For this scene, I edited the colors and adjusted the opacity for some parts
slightly to enhance the minimalistic style.
Fig 3.4 Refinement - Scene 6 (12.11.2023)
Our client switched to a different Instagram account without notifying us.
Therefore, the original QR code will not open the correct Instagram page if
scanned. I updated the QR code to the new account. Instead of the blue QR
code, I used the orange-magenta gradient QR code as the color fits the brand
better.
Fig 3.5 Refinement - Scene 6
Animation (12.11.2023)
I also made the animation more playful by animating the tumblers and the
text.
Fig 3.6 Final Promotional Video (12.11.2023)
This is the final promotional video. The attributions can be found under the video description.
Fig 3.7 Refined Packaging Design - 85mm (12.11.2023)
Fig 3.8 Refined Packaging Design - 95mm (12.11.2023)
The above are the refined packaging design done by Cecilia, Evaleez and Vernice. I quite like how the colors are being used, the design does look more playful compared to the previous version.
Fig 3.9 Packaging Design Mockup (12.11.2023)
This is the packaging design mockup with the refined designs.
Fig 3.10 Refined Website Layout - Home Page (12.11.2023)
Fig 3.11 Refined Website Layout - Product Page (12.11.2023)
Fig 3.12 Refined Website Layout - Shop Page (12.11.2023)
Fig 3.13 Refined Website Layout - About Us Page (12.11.2023)
Based on the feedback given by Ms Lilian, Britney, Cheryl and Siew Ni made refinements to the website design.
Fig 3.14 Final Website (12.11.2023)
The above is the final website design for all pages compiled in one PDF document. The website prototype can be viewed in the link below.
Link to website prototype in Figma: https://www.figma.com/proto/MwckFp4KN3LzG4rZWlF5yb/Collaborative-Design-Practice?page-id=0%3A1&type=design&node-id=290-3043&viewport=-667%2C-6950%2C0.38&t=YDKwxC9IvDZWF2AN-1&scaling=scale-down&starting-point-node-id=290%3A3043&mode=design
- Stick to whatever designs we already have, focus on how to make it lighter, more approachable, fun, and engaging.
- For the packaging design, maybe can be more free on the patterns because they are used repetitively on the box.
- The minimalistic part in our design works, but the space needs to be utilized.
- We need to use more of the secondary colors, especially the orange and yellow. The secondary colors can create the sense of playful as well as highlight.
- Make refinement of the designs based on lecturer's feedback.
- Finalize designs to be submitted on Week 12.
- Prepare presentation slides to be submitted on Week 12 Tuesday.
- Complete blog and weekly assessment to be submitted on Week 12 Friday.
WEEK 12
Fig 4.1 Task 4 Presentation Slides (14.11.2023)
We compiled everything in a presentation slides to be submitted.
SUBMISSION
Fig 5.1 Task 4 Presentation Slides (14.11.2023)
Fig 5.2 Final Packaging Design - 85mm (14.11.2023)
Fig 5.3 Final Packaging Design - 95mm (14.11.2023)
Fig 5.4 Final Packaging Design Mockup (14.11.2023)
Fig 5.5 Final Promotional Video (14.11.2023)
Fig 5.6 Final Website (14.11.2023)
Link to website prototype in Figma:
REFLECTION
Experience:
The module has come to an end, which allows us to have more time to focus on
other modules. For this task, I was quite lost at first because I don't know
how to make the refinements based on the feedback given by our client. After
consulting with Ms Lilian, I have a clearer idea on what needs to be improved.
The project in this module for this semester is very similar to Minor Project.
I have gained more experience with working with clients and have acknowledged
some new challenges that I haven't faced before. It helps me to get
prepared to be in the industry in the future.
Observation:
Compared to the previous semesters, I am more active in group chats in this semester. It is a good sign because I am more courageous to speak out my mind. I noticed that my graphic design skills have become weaker compared to the past, as I am doing less graphic design work in my specialization. I should continue to learn and practice, as graphic design is like a fundamental that should be mastered as a creative media student in my opinion.
Findings:
For this module, most of the time depends on our own creativity and
problem-solving skills. I think I am relatively weak at this part compared
to the others. I need to be more explorative while coming up with designs,
regardless it being a static or animated design output. There is still a lot
of room to improve, and I will continue to explore and learn. I still need improvements in terms of transition in motion graphics. I should look for more references and learn from them.








Comments
Post a Comment