Interactive Design / Project 1: Landing Page Design
17.5.2022 - 5.6.2022 (Week 8 - Week 12)
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 1: Landing Page Design
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 1: Landing Page Design
Jump Links
INSTRUCTIONS
Project 1: Landing Page Design
1. Wireframe
Fig 1.1 Wireframes (23.5.2022)
These are the five wireframes that I had came up with.
Fig 1.2 Selected wireframe (24.5.2022)
I had chosen this wireframe to proceed designing in Illustrator. I think the carousel looks fun, and I want to try it out later in Project 2.
2. Designing in Illustrator
Fig 1.3 First attempt
I designed the static landing page according to my wireframe. However, I want to try exploring different things.
Fig 1.4 Second attempt
I made some changes to the first image. Instead of having it on the left, I made it across the page, and I think it looks better this way.
Fig 1.5 Third attempt
I tried adjusted the contact section as this is the outcome. I also made some amendments based on the feedback given in class.
Final Project 1: Landing Page Design
Fig 1.6 Final Project 1: Landing Page Design - JPEG (4.6.2022)
Fig 1.7 Final Project 1: Landing Page Design - PDF (4.6.2022)
Fig 1.8 Landing Page Design Description Slides (4.6.2022)
FEEDBACK
WEEK 9
General Feedback:
This is a continuous project, including our landing page, we will need a
subsequent four pages for our final project. A wireframe should be in black
and white. We need to have a call-to-action button in our landing page
design.
Specific Feedback:
Out of the 5 wireframes, Mr Shamsul let me choose among the first one to the
fourth one. I chose the second one, he is okay with it, but I need to be
careful while choosing the image in the top section.
WEEK 10
General Feedback:
The call-to-action button must be clear.
Specific Feedback:
The logo in the navigation bar is blending into the background, make it more
obvious, same goes to the logo in the "About The Designer" section. The top
image does not reflect what the microsite is about, I need to change it. It
would be better if I present my portfolio in tiles instead of using a
carousel. For the "Contact" section, remove the white border.
REFLECTION
Designing a website is harder than I thought. It is not as easy as it looks
like. It requires us to go through a lot of thinking in order to create a
website that is user-friendly and appealing at the same time. I have not
experienced designing a website before, and I feel that I still have room for
improvement for the outcome of this project. The process is still fine for me,
as we do not need to code the landing page just yet. I am a little exciting
for the next project, which we will have to create a workable landing
page.






Comments
Post a Comment