Intercultural Design / Project 3

7.2 2022 - 25.2.2022 (Week 6 - Week 8)
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Intercultural Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 3

Jump Links



INSTRUCTIONS


Project 3

Our final decision is to create a Wayang Kulit virtual showroom, with an isometric introduction poster. 


Fig 1.1 Gathered Information (16.2.2022)

We put all the information we found in a Google Doc so that it is easier for us. 


Fig 1.2 Isometric Poster in progress (16.2.2022)


Fig 1.3 Virtual Showroom in progress (16.2.2022)

Feedback:
Ms Jinchi suggested us to create the style of Wayang Kulit for the virtual showroom, similar to the style we have for our previous slides. 


Fig 1.4 Isometric Poster (24.2.2022)

The information and illustrations are arranged in the poster, this is the outcome.


Fig 1.5 Screenshot of Virtual Showroom Entrance (24.2.2022)

This is the screenshot of the entrance of the virtual showroom. We had changed the background and put in everything we have for the showroom. 

Explore more at here! :D


Final Project 3

Fig 1.6 Final Isometric Poster - JPG (25.2.2022)

Link to Virtual Showroom: https://framevr.io/fd4-mzc-wls


Fig 1.7 Final Project 3 presentation slides (25.2.2022)


Fig 1.8 Presentation Video (25.2.2022)


FEEDBACK

WEEK 7

Try to make the virtual showroom to have the Wayang Kulit style, consider about light and shadow. For the products in the middle, find something that connects with the target audiences. Replace the still image of the musical instrument with a short video clip. Be aware of the choice of typeface that we are using in the virtual showroom. 


REFLECTION

What are the 3 key things I have learnt in this module this semester?
The 3 key things that I have learnt in this module are the Wayang Kulit culture, collaboration and (the importance of culture). duty of designer?/ purpose

Wayang Kulit is something that I am really fascinated of since high school, but I never got a chance to learn more about it. Throughout this semester, I have a more in-depth understanding on this culture, even though we are restricted geographically due to the pandemic. By doing the projects, I have a different view regarding Wayang Kulit compared to before, and I want to keep learning about it later on.

This semester is quite different from the previous semester as most projects are based in groups. For this module, all three projects requires us to work as a team, which is a new challenge to me because I seldom have design projects like this. I would say that this was a pleasant experience. All our team members are collaborative by completing the distributed parts on time with good effort. Also, we can always get help from any of them when needed. 

Through this module, I have a different perspective on designers. While doing research on Wayang Kulit, it was actually saddening to see this culture facing the difficulty of preserving. I started to think, what can we do to help reviving this culture? What is the purpose of a designer regarding this topic? We as designers are far more than creating aesthetics. It is our duty to use our knowledge and create visuals to connect with the audiences. 


What are my strengths in this module?
I would say my strengths in this module are preparing forehand and being efficient.

Usually before carrying out the projects, I will do some research on my own and get things prepared. When I have any ideas or questions, I will reach out to Britney to discuss about them. After our brief discussion, Britney will ask the rest if they are okay with the suggestion, and we will all discuss about it together.

I consider efficiency as one of my strengths in this module is because I like to plan out things before I get started. When I have my plans, I will have a clear direction on what I should do next, and this really helps improving my efficiency in working. 


What are my weaknesses in this module?
My weaknesses in this module are interaction and execution skills.

I have been trying to overcome my weakness of less interaction within a group for a long time. In this module, I personally think that I have quite significant amount of improvement, but I think I can do better. One thing I am happy about is that I have more courage to express my ideas and bring out concerns to the group in this semester, which is a good sign that I am improving. Hope that I am able to fully overcome this weakness in the future.

I think my execution skills in the final phase was a little weak, because I don't have much knowledge on 360° galleries or videos. I tried looking for tutorials on how we can create a virtual gallery on our own, but it seems like we are limited due to the lack of equipment. Luckily, one of our group members found this amazing website (framevr.io), that does not require any high-end cameras or an actual place to shoot. I think I should spend some time learning things that can relate to design (in this case, it is virtual showrooms), so that I can know how things work, and thus improving my weakness.


How have I changed after taking this module?
First of all, I have become more knowledgeable in Wayang Kulit culture, as we had done research on this topic throughout the weeks. I also understood the beauty of culture and the value that cultures hold. I feel grateful that I am given this opportunity to have this module. I had also gradually become more relaxed when working with my group members, we all help and respect each other. I would say that this was my best experience in group projects.


If I could improve this module, it would be...
I suppose it would be the timeframe of the projects can be improved. Personally, I felt that the timeframe for project 1 should be shorter, and project 2 & 3 should be longer. However, I totally understand why was the timeframe set as this way, because we will need some time to start off at the beginning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animation Fundamentals / Project 1

Animation Fundamentals / Exercises

3D Modeling / Project 1