Information Design / Flip Classroom
6.1.2022 - 14.1.2022 (Week 1 - Week 2)
Moey Jo Min (0350567)
Information
Design / Bachelor in Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Flip Classroom
Jump Links
INSTRUCTIONS
Flip 1: Types of Infographic (Group)
Fig 1.1 Flip 1: Types of Infographic presentation video (10.1.2022)
Flip 1: Redesign Infographic (Individual)
We are tasked to pick one free online infographic tool and redesign one poorly
constructed infographic poster through our own experimentation with the
selected tool.
Fig 2.1 Selected Infographic (8.1.2022)
Fig 2.2 Chosen Template from Canva (9.1.2022)
After identifying the problems, I chose a template from Canva that I think
would best suite the information from the selected infographic.
Fig 2.3 Process 1 (9.1.2022)
Fig 2.4 First Attempt (9.1.2022)
I started by arranging the information and adding some illustrations. I
kept the main points of the infographics, which is the long-term symptoms.
Some of the texts are not that important, so I removed them to make space
for the main points. However, the points and the illustrations seem
separated, so I made some changes.
Fig 2.5 Process 2 (10.1.2022)
Fig 2.6 Second Attempt (10.1.2022)
I tried arranging the points side-by-side, and the illustrations below
each point. I think it looks better compared to the previous version.
Fig 2.7 Process 3 (11.1.2022)
Fig 2.8 Third attempt (11.1.2022)
The color scheme is similar to the original infographic, but I made the
colors creamier. The overall tone is blue and green, but I colored the
numbers pink to make them stand out from the rest. I removed the patterns
of the frame that comes with the template because they don't suite well.
Fig 2.9 Before and After (12.1.2022)
I think it didn't turn out bad. If I were the viewer, I will be more
willing to read an organized infographic.
Final Redesigned Infographic
Fig 2.10 Final Redesign Infographic - PNG (14.1.2022)
I think Canva is quite user-friendly, everything is organized and
categorized, though I did spend some time figuring out where to find some
tools as I don't have much experience using Canva. After familiarizing with
it, it becomes very handy.
Usefulness
The usefulness of Canva depends on what kind of work that we are working on.
If it is to compile the designed elements into a complete design, it is
definitely one of the best choices. However, when it comes to creativity and
originality, it will be challenging as there are quite a lot of limitations.
Design Templates and Choices
I have to admit that the templates are appealing and there are many
variations that we could use. It will be a life-saver for many situations.
Flip 2: Saul Wurman's L.A.T.C.H. (Group)
Fig 3.1 Flip 2: Saul Wurman's L.A.T.C.H. group 3 presentation video
(13.1.2022)
Flip 3: Miller's Law (Chunking)
Fig 4.1 Flip 3: Miller's Law (Chunking) group 4 presentation
video
Fig 4.2 Flip 3: Miller's Law (Chunking) group 5 presentation video
Fig 4.3 Flip 3: Miller's Law (Chunking) group 6 presentation video
Flip 4: Manuel Lima's 9 Directives Manifesto
Fig 5.1 Flip 4: Manuel Lima's 9 Directives Manifesto group 7
presentation video
Fig 5.2 Flip 4: Manuel Lima's 9 Directives Manifesto group 8
presentation video
Comments
Post a Comment